More reviews of Building Thoreau's Cabin
- Country Journal:
- "It would not be unreasonable to read through its 242 pages
of text from beginning to end for the sheer pleasure of it --
at the same time learning all that is needed to fashion these
simple structures. That cannot be said of many books on building."
- Southampton Press:
- "The delight of this how-to book, and the risk, is that the
builder's craft ... is so comprehensively demystified that we
could easily be fired up enough to go ahead and try. The writing
has considerable charm and humor."
- HOME CONTENTS INTRO BUY IT
- Chattanooga News-Free Press:
- "All aspects of creating the structure of your dreams are covered
in clear detail, complete with illustrations. This work would
be an asset to any how-to library."
- Country Almanac:
- "Using detailed instructions and photographs this instructive
book will yield a professional-looking structure that even an
amateur will find fun and simple to construct."
- Litchfield County Times:
- "...with cogent, informative and entertaining writing, plus
... excellent photographs, [the author] leads his reader along
the way patiently, humorously and understandingly."